Thursday 12 September 2013

Why Can’t I Just Sleep In!!!!!?????

I crave for mornings that I can just lay-in back in bed and do nothing but relax throughout the morning. Be able to just lay in bed, read a book, drink a nice cup of warm chocolate tea and doze off every minute or so.

Sigh…. Those mornings only happen in my dreams. An attempt at it will warrant a lecture on what it means to be a great daughter, a great woman and eventually a great wife and mother. I will get reasons why an African woman cannot afford to be lazy and lay in. I will get a sermon on the pathway of failure. I will get a rundown of the list of people that I am responsible for.

If I just by any chance give in to my instinctive pigheadedness and sleep in, I will combat a whole day of the silent treatment and a constant future reminder of my lazy actions. And NO, all the other 364 days of waking up on time to perform my morning duties will not count again because that 1 day sleep in will trump the previous 364 days.

Honestly, I don't see a sleep in day coming anytime soon because I am not up for the saga that comes with it.

2 comments:

  1. It's something about the cooler weather that makes me want to sleep in too. In the summer, I was up and at 'em at the crack of dawn. As soon as fall rolled in, I found myself hitting the snooze button. I hope you get some much needed rest! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about the fall that makes sleep in occur more often.. I eventually got the long deserved sleep in. Enjoy your weekend too and thanks for checking out my post.

      Delete